High Caliber Community
High Caliber Community, LLC
(also referred to as HC2, HiCal, or HiCal Comm)
Date of Last Revision: November 14, 2017
Types Of Data We Collect.
We collect personal data and non-personal data about you. “Personal Data” means any data that allows someone to identify or contact you.
The following provides examples of the types of data that we collect, and how we collect them. Note that not all of the HC2 Services collect all of the data listed below:
- Account Credentials. We may require you to provide an email address and password to use the HC2 App or other HC2 Services. We may also ask you to provide your phone number for account authentication purposes.
- Device Information. We may collect certain software and hardware information about your Device. For example, we may collect an ID that is unique to the device or browser on which you install and/or access the HC2 Services (“Device ID” and “Device,” respectively).
- Location and Distance Information. When you use the HC2 App, we will collect your location to determine your distance from other users (“Distance Information”) through the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your Device. Your last known location may be stored for the purpose of calculating Distance Information between you and other users.
- Messages. When you send a message (which may include photos, location, audio, or video) to other users of the HC2 Services, we may retain the message for archival purposes or as otherwise allowed by law.
- Profile Information. We may collect Personal Data from you. For example, in the HC2 App, we may collect your photo, display name, relationship status, ethnicity, age or date of birth, geo-location data, email address, password for the HC2 Services, and any other information that you voluntarily add to your profile on the HC2 App or that is generated through your use of the HC2 Services. Remember that if you choose to include information in your profile, and make your profile public, that information will also become public. As a result, you should carefully consider what information to include in your profile.
- Purchases. We collect information necessary to complete purchases. This may include, among other things, your name, credit card information, billing information, address, telephone number, and email address.
Note that our third party service providers may provide certain information to us (e.g., your name, phone number, partial credit card number, and email address).
- Feedback/Support. If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other Personal Data, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply and address any issue. If you contact us for support, we may also collect and retain certain technical diagnostic data, such as your phone model.
- Mailing List. When you sign up for the HC2 Services, we may collect your email address to send you HC2 news, HC2 Services updates, the latest information on products and services, and third party offers.
- Partner Promotion. We may collect information that you provide as part of a Partner Promotion (defined below).
- Third Party Platforms. If you use or connect to the HC2 Site or download the HC2 Services through a third party platform, such as Facebook, you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your third-party platform profile/account. We may also access information contained in cookies placed on your Device by the third party platform. Note that we may share this information with the third party platform for their use.
- Third Party Tracking. Our advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies or other tracking technology which may collect information about you within the HC2 Services. We do not control the use of these tracking technologies.
Use And Processing Of Your Personal Data.
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- Identify You. To identify you as a user on the HC2 Services.
- Provide Products and Services. To provide the products and services you request, including the HC2 Services.
- Improve Services. To improve the HC2 Services.
- Communicate with you. To respond to your inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests, and to send Promotional Emails to those users that request or authorize them.
- Partner Promotions. To conduct a Partner Promotion that you request.
- Marketing and Advertising. For marketing and promotional purposes, including to inform you of products, services or offers of HC2, our related companies or business partners that may be of interest to you.
- Administration. For internal administrative purposes, as well as to administer or manage our relationship with you, including to communicate with you regarding your use of HC2 Services.
- Employment. If you apply for employment with HC2 or currently work for HC2, to manage your employment application, assess your qualifications, and manage your employment with us (applies solely to the HC2 Site).
Sharing Of Personal Data.
In addition to the specific situations discussed above, we disclose Personal Data in the following situations:
- User Profiles. The HC2 App is a social networking platform that is designed to allow users to share information. When you use the HC2 App, your Profile Information is public, and other users of the HC2 App can see your Profile Information and other Personal Data (including sensitive personal data) posted by you. For example, other users can search for you, search for your profile characteristics, or see you listed as being in their vicinity. Do not include information in your profile that you want to keep private. While the HC2 App may permit you to make certain items non-public, sophisticated users who use the HC2 App in an unauthorized manner may nevertheless be able to obtain this information and may be able to determine your identity.
- Distance Information. The HC2 App is designed to allow users to share Distance Information. As a result, Distance Information is public, and other users of the HC2 App can see your Distance Information. HC2 App users can use the search feature in the HC2 App to search for other users by distance or in a particular geographic vicinity. Your Distance Information will be used for these searches. Sophisticated users who use the HC2 App in an unauthorized manner, or other users who change their location while you remain in the same location, may use this information to determine your exact location. Please note: even if you choose to hide your Distance Information, the HC2 App will continue to sort and display your profile based on your relative distance from other users, so your Distance Information may still be approximated by other users. Thus, even if you choose to hide your Distance Information, others may nevertheless be able to determine your location.
- Other Disclosures. HC2 may disclose Personal Data in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws; to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law.
You can make the following choices regarding your Personal Data:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose during the registration process to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to HC2 and/or the HC2 Services, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications, and our applications may deliver notifications directly to your mobile device in the HC2 App.
- Behavioral Advertising on Websites: Our websites may participate in third-party behavioral advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites not operated by HC2. If you do not want third parties who collect information about your use of our website or applications to tailor any of the advertising that you see, you can opt-out at the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe.
- Behavioral Advertising Within the HC2 App. If you are using the HC2 Services on an Apple iOS device, you may opt out of behavioral targeting by going into Settings > Privacy > Advertising on your iOS device, or visiting Apple’s website for more information. To opt out on an Android device, open the “Google Settings,” click on “Ads” and enable “Opt out of interest-based ads.”
- Behavioral Advertising Outside of The HC2 App. HC2 works with advertisers who wish to distribute relevant and interesting ads to HC2 users while the users are on other apps or websites not operated by HC2. If you don’t want advertisements sent to you on those apps or websites because of your affiliation with HC2, you may change the Behavioral Advertising settings on your device (discussed above) and/or opt out through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe.
- Effect Of Opting Out Of Behavioral Advertising. Please note that opting-out of behavioral advertising does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using the HC2 Services. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
- Changes To Your Personal Data. HC2 relies on you to update and correct your Personal Data. You can modify or delete your profile within the HC2 Services. Please note that HC2 may keep historical information and content in our backup files and archives as permitted by law and to the extent we anticipate that the information may be required in connection with the original purpose of the collection, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- Revocation Of Consent. The HC2 Services relies on the processing of Personal Data that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personal Data, then we will no longer be able to provide the HC2 Services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- Access To Your Personal Data. If required by law, upon request, HC2 will grant a user reasonable access to the Personal Data that HC2 holds about the user. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact Information” section of the HC2 Services.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While HC2 uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, HC2 cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your Personal Data, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Permissible Age. The HC2 Services are intended for users 18 years of age and older only (twenty-one (21) years of age in places where eighteen (18) years is not the age of majority). We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of majority. If you are aware that a child or minor has submitted Personal Data on the HC2 Services, please contact us using the information provided below so that we can take appropriate action.
- Transmission of Data to Other Countries. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Therefore, in some circumstances, you might be left without a legal remedy in the event of a privacy breach. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storage and/or processing, including all associated risks.
HC2 will also initiate an investigation if you contact us with a complaint against our privacy practices or a concern that our practices do not conform to the requirements of your jurisdiction. We will attempt, where practical, to ensure ongoing compliance with any legal obligations.